• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Raijin Comics expands distribution

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:46 pm Reply with quote
This was in the news over at RTM. (notice the date, either it's a typo or it was sent out early)

Raijin Comics Distribution Expands

Torrance, Ca (July 10, 2003)- Continuing with its plans of expanding Raijin Comics' ever-growing presence in North America, Gutsoon! Entertainment has signed with leading single issue copy distributor Kable News to bring the manga anthology magazine to a diversity of US, Canadian and other retail stores across the world.

Gutsoon! Entertainment launched Raijin Comics in December 2002 and quickly signed distribution deals with Ingram Periodicals and Diamond Comics placing Raijin Comics in many comic, specialty and bookstores. Commencing in December of 2003, Raijin Comics will now be available to consumers in a variety of national major retail chains including 7-11 Stores, AM-PM, Sam Goody, Wherehouse, Suncoast, Musicland and many others. Raijin Comics retails for $5.95.

"This new distribution deal was the next step in our growth plans for the U.S.," said Horie Nobuhiko, Chairman and CEO Gutsoon! Entertainment. "Our partnership with Kable News ensures that Raijin Comics will be more accessible to manga readers everywhere in more mainstream locations."

Kable News Company is a National and International distributor of Periodicals and has been a leading national distributor for over 70 years. Kable, in addition to providing newsstand distribution services, also provides subscription and product fulfillment services.

Daniel Byrne, Kable's Executive Director of Business Development states - "Kable is very excited about our new partnership with Gutsoon! Entertainment. From the outset, we have been very pleased with the quality of Raijin Comics. The sales results reported from both Ingram Periodicals and Diamond Comics have been outstanding. Our goal is help Raijin Comics reach its' next sales goal by placing Raijin Comics in every major discount, supermarket, convenience and drug chain throughout the United States and Canada. We firmly believe that the newsstand launch of Raijin Comics will be one of the most exciting new launches our industry has experienced in the last ten years."

Gutsoon! Entertainment was established in December 2001 by Horie Nobuhiko, President and CEO of Coamix, world renowned artists Hara Tetsuo, Hojo Tsukasa, accomplished editor Negishi Tadashi. Gutsoon! Entertainment, Inc. is a privately held corporation operated by its shareholders and U.S.-based management team. The company's partners include videogame powerhouse Sega, advertising agency Hakuhodo, and Toppan Printing.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Magatsu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I read this before. Good idea to spread manga to more people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1